Monday, April 27, 2009

Avec Moi?

On Sunday nights Iron Chef America, Koren Grieveson was the challenging chef. She is Executive Chef at a restaurant called Avec, from Chicago. I knew Avec was really familiar, but I didn't know why.

I googled them, and I've still got no idea why they sound so familiar, but hello? Who's planning a trip to Chicago?

Avec

For some reason, I can practically HEAR Michael Symon talking about Avec. Was Koren on The Next Iron Chef? Perhaps...

Or not, according to Wikipedia. Gah. It's kind of making me nuts.

But in other news, Koren Grieveson WAS nominated for Great Lakes Region Chef of the Year by the James Beard foundation, which, for those not in the know, is like The Oscars for chefs.

Since I can't figure out why I know the place, let's go eat there!

No comments:

Post a Comment